Helping Hand NoN Profit Company

Stone Mountain, Georgia 1 comment

I worked for a nonprofit organization called "Helping Hands" This organization is about helping people gain some skills and get employment. This year 2012 when the Atlanta Braves season began I was working for "Helping Hands" not the Atlanta Braves, but I was working as one of the cashiers in the Braves stadium.

The owner Mrs. Annette Wilson is the CEO of "Helping Hands". I went thru the orientation the stadium gives to all nonprofit organizations and vendors coming to work at the stadium. I worked there for about 4 days. I had to stop because of several reasons. My special needs child had issues in school and when I was working for Mrs. Wilson she had us working on our feet for 12 hours with "NO" breaks and I am a diabetic and I started having bad leg and joint pains. At times I couldn't even work being in so much pain because she had us on our feet for 12 hours.

Now it's the month of September I was working for her in April. She said we would get paid $20.00 a day. I have called, Left messages and text. She has told me she have my money and never paid me for my service. I have spoken to others employees who worked for her as well and she haven't paid or paid some people some of their money. Now she's not answering her phones. What kind of nonprofit business that's claiming to help individual with employment and the people who works for her she will not pay them and now she's avoiding everyone!! People have lost their homes, utilities being shut off due to her not paying them. Someone needs to deal with her!!!!!! I heard she has a booth at the Georgia Dome now!!! Wonder if she's going to pay those employees next or just use people and keep the money....

Review about: Non Profit Organization.

Comments

There is more to this story than posted.It isn't legal to have a person work for 12 hours straight without a break.

I used to work in a factory, 12 hour shifts, on our feet, and we got one 1/2 hour break for lunch, and a 15 minute break. Were your foot and leg problems diagnosed as being caused from being on your feet so long or is that your diagnoses? What is this non-profit agency sponsored by. There are non-profit agencies like that, that are sponsored by the federal government.

They are called Experience Works!, the only drawback for you is that they are for senior citizens. The people being trained work 20 hours a week and make minimum wage.

I really don't think people lost their homes for the reason you stated.Being paid $20.00 a day wouldn't help them out that much, because in order to have a home foreclosed the people would have had to been a lot further behind in mortage payments.